Enerco Energy Ltd is an independently owned Irish company dedicated to the sustainable development of renewable energy technologies in the Irish and International market. We design and
develop our projects from the initial site identification process, through permitting and construction, to site operation and maintenance. Currently we have numerous operational wind farms with a combined generating capacity of 700MW, with a further 180MW in construction and over 500MW in various stages of development in both Ireland and the UK. We also have a portfolio of solar PV and battery storage projects at various stages of development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join an established company within the thriving Renewable Energy Sector. We are currently looking to expand our work force and are seeking applications from suitably qualified and ambitious applicants to fill a position for a Grid Engineer to provide grid connection delivery, general electrical design, construction support, secure optimal grid connections and designing & support implementation of electrical infrastructure.
Ireland ‐ Lissarda, Macroom, Co. Cork. (20 minutes from Cork City link road)
- Collaborate with the energy design team to provide pre-feasibility studies and technical assistance during project inception, development, pre-construction, and construction phases.
- Developing and optimising grid connection solutions for wind, solar and energy storage projects.
- Seeking alternative network access solutions based on grid studies, including technical, legal and commercial evaluations across Ireland and UK.
- Substation and collection system electrical equipment sizing calculations and specifications and drawings.
- Grid code compliance design solutions and specialist studies.
- Co-ordination of design interfaces.
- Technical management of electrical contractors designs and equipment scope.
- Attend equipment FAT’s and site installation/testing of electrical equipment.
- Deliver grid compliance.
- Support the Project manager in the preparation of subcontract specifications, project tendering and acquisition processes by creating technical documents and checking documents issued.
- Interacting with grid regulation authorities and grid operators in their role as project stakeholders.
- Preparing grid applications and managing the grid application process.
The candidate should have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related subject.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with fellow team members and with external organisations.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office & CAD.
- Flexibility in approach to working hours and travel as required.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Appropriate training and guidance will be provided for the successful applicant in order to carry out their duties.
Remuneration for this role will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.