Enerco Energy Ltd is an independently owned Irish company dedicated to the sustainable development of renewable energy technologies in the Irish and International market. We design and develop our projects from the initial site identification process, through permitting and construction, to site operation and maintenance. Currently we have numerous operational wind farms with a combined generating capacity of 700MW, with a further 180MW in construction and over 500MW in various stages of development in both Ireland and the UK. We also have a portfolio of solar pv and battery storage projects at various stages of development.
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join an established company within the thriving Renewable Energy Sector. We are currently looking to expand our work force and are seeking
applications from suitably experienced and qualified applicants to fill a position for a Project Design Engineer for renewable energy projects which span all stages of the project life cycle from feasibility to operation.
Ireland ‐ Lissarda, Macroom, Co. Cork. (20 minutes from Cork City link road)
- Assessing the feasibility of sites for renewable energy project developments using CAD & GIS software.
- Provision of technical engineering assistance during wind energy/solar energy/battery storage project inception, development, pre‐construction, and construction phases.
- Liaise with Local Authorities, consultants, and contractors.
- Undertake preliminary wind farm annual energy production calculations, and assessment of cumulative impact from nearby farms applying wake models and using either commercial or in‐house tools.
- Public relations including preparations for and attendance at public information meetings held in advance of project developments.
- Work on ad‐hoc project programmes and deliver to the highest standards.
- Occasional site surveys/site walkovers.
- Preparing engineering, site layout and planning drawings for renewable energy projects, and associated transport and grid connection routes.
- Aid in the preparation of design drawings and as‐built drawings of new infrastructure to EirGrid/ESBN specifications.
The candidate should have:
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with other members of the team and with external organisations.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software and CAD. Appropriate training will be given for other requisite software.
- Flexibility in approach to working hours and travel as required.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Appropriate training and guidance will be provided for the successful applicant in order to carry out their duties.
Remuneration for this role will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.